- Sunday’s routes visit the following local parks in this order:
- Freedom Park Pink & Gold routes @ 8.8 miles
- Little Creek Reservoir Park Gold route @ 16.3 miles
- Veterans Park Blue @ 8 miles Pink @ 16.9miles Gold @ 33 miles
- All parks have restrooms and water fountains, as well as snacks for sale. Some even sell ice cream.
- Additional information about each of the parks can be found at www.jamescitycounty.va.gov
Freedom Park - 600 acres of fun. It is home to Go Ape, the Williamsburg Botanical Garden, the Freedom Park Interpretive Center and 20 miles of mountain bike trails (built and maintained by the Eastern Virginia Mountain Bike Association).
The park is also the site of an 18th century cemetery, the Revolutionary War Battle of Spencer’s Ordinary, a 17th century domicile, and one of the nation’s earliest Free Black Settlements (1803 - 1850).
Little Creek Reservoir Park - a 996 acre park offering year-round fishing, boating and picnicking.
Veterans Park - home to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial monument donated by a local resident in 1993.
All routes will traverse the Powhatan Creek Trail (it’s paved, folks) which begins near Clara Byrd Baker Elementary School off Ironbound Road and returns riders to the Virginia Capital Trail at approximately the 1.5 mile mark.
We hope you enjoy visiting our parks and have a wonderful lunch at today’s Gathering Place - Spoke & Art Provision Company. Boxed lunches may be picked up anytime between 11:30am & 4:30pm today.